DatStat Illume Add-on Modules
Whether you are creating a global survey — or need to reach respondents in an village located halfway around the globe — DatStat Illume features the specialized modules required for complex survey creation, efficient data collection, and centralized data management:
Optional, Add-on Modules
Remote Data Collection
DatStat Illume is there even when your study calls for field-based interviewing or sends your research team to far-flung locations without reliable Internet access. The Remote Data Collection (RDC) module allows for the flexibility of an online survey without the requirement of an Internet connection. RDC increases the security, accuracy, and efficiency of field-based interviewing in any of these situations:
- In-the-field or on-the-street interviews
- Remote or international survey locations
- In-home interviews
- Clinical and healthcare settings
- School-based surveys
- Event-based (kiosk) environments
One survey, translated in up to 100 languages, with all responses feeding a single dataset. The Multilingual module in DatStat Illume makes it possible. It’s the ultimate software for creating efficiencies and improving the participant experience with translated surveys.
Use DatStat Illume with the multilingual module to:
- Deliver surveys in any left-to-right language
- Launch a single survey in multiple languages
- Allow respondents to select their preferred language
- Maintain the integrity of your survey design
- Slash data cleaning costs and the time needed for preparation for analysis
- Produce translation-ready XML files for your translation vendor
The DatStat Illume Multilingual Module consists of three components:
See the Translation Editor in action
Data Change management
Imagine updating submitted data without using Excel! It’s possible with the DatStat Data Change Module, which allows study and clinical staff to quickly and easily change survey and form data without the need for an export and re-import.
This saves time and money on data cleanup for newly collected data. It also assists with updating of existing data for better quality and consistency over time.
Learn more – Data editing
Survey research API/SDK
Most clients use DatStat Illume to build complex surveys without programming. We offer the DatStat Illume™ SDK for organizations that have:
- Data integration or advanced customization needs
- In-house IT resources
- Access to qualified developers (preferably with .NET or C# skills)
The DatStat REST-based API allows developers to easily integrate DatStat products into your existing data infrastructure and create additional customization. DatStat engineers are also available on a consulting basis, at standard rates, to assist with custom programming. Here are just a few ways that DatStat clients have put the SDK to use for their custom survey and participant feedback needs:
- Using external CRM data for survey control
- Custom survey authentication
- Logic-based email notifications triggered by specific responses
- Automation of participant creation, updating, and deletion
Modules included with the Illume license
Survey Data Import
DatStat Illume™ has been proven to reduce costs up to 85 percent for research survey projects that require data collection, management, and scrubbing. The Data Import module brings your legacy data from other survey systems or media, such as paper, into an Illume survey. Data Import also facilitates data recoding, data modifications, and removal of variables or submissions.
Users can perform test imports to verify data structure or test actual survey submissions. The Data Cleanse options ensure that survey logic from the external data does not affect the imported data in Illume. A variety of error reporting options are also included for increased data integrity and a smooth import process.
Learn more – Import and quotas
Survey Quota Module
Control the number of study participants who are allowed to take your online survey, based on criteria – including multiple considerations – that you specify. The Quota Management module in DatStat Illume allows one or more quota groups to be created in a survey, each of which can contain multiple quotas.
Quota management provides highly configurable, logic-based capabilities to conform to your study plan:
- Control: number of survey participants allowed to participate in a given survey
- Define: one or more quota conditions with simple to complex criteria
- Constrain: flexibly define the actions to be taken once a given quota has been filled
- Monitor: view your quotas and progress in Data Manager